It’s def possible to have too much caffeine. On top of that, unrepealable situations — like coffee on an empty stomach — can requite caffeine a bad rap, plane when it’s really the other things at play causing the problems.
All this said, I’m pro caffeine, just in moderation. Too much caffeine is going to literally jack you up, expressly consuming too much at one time. But how much is too much? I’ve got you, girl.
Your recommended daily dose of caffeine
The FDA says people shouldn’t have increasingly than 400 mg of caffeine each day. That’s roughly equal to four eight-ounce cups of coffee.
Note that we’re saying eight-ounce cups. That’s pretty small. And if you opt for an energy drink, be uneaten careful. A lot of options can have as much as 250 mg of caffeine in one eight-ounce serving.
Is going over that cap really a big deal? If you only do it every once in a while, probably not. But if you do it too much, you risk caffeine toxicity.
Plus, plane a single day with too much caffeine can leave you with some pretty unwelcome side effects.
Side effects of glut caffeine
No surprise here: one of the main issues with too much caffeine is sleep problems. Besides insomnia, though, too much caffeine can cause:
- High thoroughbred pressure
- Heart palpitations
- An upset stomach
Clearly, too much caffeine can rationalization a tuft of problems that leave you feeling way worse than you started. You’d probably didn’t want to trade that tiredness for the side effect you’re feeling, right?
To help you stave these nasty side effects, I recommend:
- Mixing in other stuff with caffeine. Consider what you slosh withal with your caffeine. I love matcha untried tea considering it has caffeine, but it moreover has L-theanine, which has a calming effect. Or you could unchangingly add some ashwagandha into the mix to ward off jitters.
- Timing your consumption. When you have coffee or tea on an empty stomach, it can upset your digestive system. If you start your day with caffeine, eat something with it. This could be as simple as a quick shake with our protein powder or a banana. Then, mind your caffeine intake at night. It can take your soul as long as six hours to metabolize plane half of the caffeine you’ve consumed. If you’ve been having sleep problems, you might be worldly-wise to vituperation your afternoon consumption. Some people are increasingly sensitive to caffeine than others, so pay attention. If wearing out caffeine without noon helps you get good sleep, that’s well worth it.
- Avoiding too much at once. Too much caffeine can literally be toxic. And plane when you don’t reach potentially health-hazardous levels, a lot all at once is often overdue the jitters or nausea. Stick with well-nigh 75-160 mg at a time. That’s roughly one or two eight-ounce cups of coffee. Wait for well-nigh half an hour and see how you feel. If you’re still pooped, you can unchangingly have more. But there’s no way to undo too much caffeine other than to wait it out (yikes).
- Getting smart well-nigh where your caffeine comes from. Some caffeine sources (looking at you, energy drinks and pre-workout) have so much that your risk for side effects is once super high. To requite your soul a uplift without having to pay for it, squint to natural caffeine sources like matcha untried tea, smaller cups of coffee, or our NEW! Pep Rally Energy Boost!
Just the right value of Pep!
We created Pep Rally so you could get caffeine from some of the weightier natural sources out there. Our new uplift has 80 mg of caffeine per scoop so it’ll put some pep in your step without jitters or any of that junk. If you’re really needing to pump it up, you could do two scoops for 160 mg of caffeine. Plane then, you won’t be exchanging tiredness for other side effects. In fact, Pep Rally moreover contains an amino wounding tabbed L-theanine that specifically combats anxiousness and stress!
On top of that, we’ve packed it with other key natural ingredients for long-lasting energy like:
- Matcha untried tea
- B vitamins
- Maca root
- Guarana seed
Basically, it’s a healthier way to enjoy caffeine. So whenever you need it, summon the Pep Rally!