If you’ve got a special occasion coming up and not a lot of time on your hands, we’ve got your when with these Ricotta Poundcake Birthday Bites!
These festive little balls of deliciousness only take 10 minutes to prep and an hour in the fridge to chill.
Vanilla Shakeology and ricotta cheese provide that rich, linty pound confection flavor, with lemon zest for a zingy kick.
For observing flair, we rolled these bites in shredded coconut dyed in various colors; you can use as many (or as few!) colors as you desire it’s your party!
*Dont have Shakeology yet? Talk to your Team Beachbody Coach or get a bag (or two!) here.
Pro tip: To make your bites squint uneaten fancy, divide the coconut by the number of supplies colorings you have and only do one verisimilitude per bag.
Ricotta Poundcake Birthday Bites
- ¾ cup / 186 g part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup / 20 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 all-natural supplies coloring
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey or Vanilla Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- Place ricotta cheese in cheesecloth; squeeze to release glut moisture. Set aside.
- Place coconut in a small resealable bag (or small bowl); add supplies coloring. Seal bag and shake until coconut is uniformly colored; pour onto a small plate. Set aside.
- Add Shakeology, ricotta cheese, extract, sugar, and lemon peel to a separate small mixing bowl; mix until well combined.
- Using wipe hands, roll Shakeology mixture into 12 equal balls. Roll each wittiness in the coconut mixture; place on a plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers in an snapped container for up to 4 days.
2B Mindset Plate It!
This recipe makes a unconfined snacktional. Be sure to track it!